Each year WSSRA presents scholarships to selected high school seniors who are committed to a career in education. The WSSR-Foundation grants eight (8) scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each for one year only.
WSSRA provides the following suggestions for making scholarships possible:
- Make memorial donations.
- Donate in honor of a friend or family member.
- Remember the foundation in your will.
- End of the year contributions help lower your tax bill.
- Give a sum monthly or quarterly.
- Help with your unit’s convention basket(s) – these are big money makers.
- Encourage your unit and coordinating council to make donations.
- Fund a scholarship in your name or in the name of your family.
- Have a unit fundraising event with proceeds going to the foundation.
If you would like to make a donation to the Washington State School Retirees’ Foundation, please click on the link below.